View our Adoptable Animals Online
- Pets with Perks: If you adopt a Pet With Perks, you get a giftcard for pet supplies, plus a certificate for free microchipping. Pets With Perks have signs on their kennels at the shelter so you can easily find them. This program is coordinated by FOBCAS and funded by donations. Anyone can sponsor a Pet with Perks. See this page for more info.
- Save a Senior Program: Any animal 10 years or older (and younger dogs of certain breeds) can be adopted at no cost to the adopter. This program also is funded by donations. If you would like to sponsor a senior pet, contact Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TLC for FIV+ : FIV-positive cats can be adopted at no cost to the adopter. FIV is a cat-specific retrovirus. It is in the same family of viruses as the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). FIV affects a cat’s immune system so infected cats can't fight off various infections and certain cancers. FIV does not infect people, only cats. The most common way FIV is transmitted between cats is through serious, deep bite wounds from an infected cat. It's rare for FIV to spread among cats co-existing peacefully in a household. Many people have both FIV-positive and FIV-negative cats in their homes. For more information on whether an FIV-positive cat is a good fit for your house, talk to your vet. You can also learn more about FIV from the Humane Society. This program is funded by donations. If you would like to sponsor an FIV-positive cat, contact Dee L. at email@example.com.
- Barn Cat Adoptions: Barn and outdoor cat adoptions are free for qualifying cats and applicants. This program was created to help the shelter's feral cat population as well as cats who have less of a chance of getting adopted into traditional indoor homes. This program is sponsored by Burlington County.
- Free Pets for Veterans: Served/retired or serving/active veterans may adopt a pet from the Burlington County Animal Shelter at no cost. This promotion is sponsored by Burlington County.
- Free Pets for Seniors: Burlington County residents age 60 and older may adopt up to two pets at no cost from the Burlington County Animal Shelter. This promotion is sponsored by Burlington County.
- Free adoptions for all Burlington County employees. This promotion is sponsored by Burlington County.