About the Veterinary Volunteering Program
This program was created in the summer of 2015 primarily to support the shelter's large kitten foster program as well as to provide additional support to the shelter's vet staff during times when the shelter's animal population is at its peak.
Volunteering Requirements & Signup
- We are currently only looking for veterinary volunteers who already have experience as veterinary technicians or other positions dealing directly with practicing veterinary medicine.
Volunteers must be able to commit to volunteering on a weekly basis.
Complete a FOBCAS volunteer application and submit it to the program coordinator.
- Complete the program signup form.
- Contact us at email@example.com.
- This program's focus is primarily to assist the shelter's vet staff with offering medical support to foster kittens and cats.
- Assist with health and wellness exams of shelter animals.
- Assess, observe, diagnose, and treat ill animals per shelter protocols.
- Communicate with vet staff, shelter employees, and shelter volunteers regarding shelter animal healthcare as necessary.
- Maintain medical documentation per shelter protocols.