With support from donors like you, the Friends of the Burlington County Animal Shelter (Friends) gives shelter animals a better life. This Giving Tuesday you can make an even greater impact.
Throughout the year we cuddle cats, walk dogs, provide them with enrichment toys and training, and promote their adoption through social media, special events and showcasing them on weekends in the shelter lobby.
As of October 2022, your support has enabled Friends to:
- Provide training for shelter dogs ($6,160)
- Cover the cost of spay/neuter for community cats ($39,143)
- Cover medical care for community cats ($37,834)
- Cover advanced medical care for shelter dogs and cats ($80,625)
- Prepay adoption fees for senior and special needs animals ($7,380)
Despite this, the need remains great. The Burlington County Animal Shelter (BCAS) is at capacity. Some dogs have been in shelter kennels for a year or more, while kittens are literally growing into adults during their time in the shelter.
This Giving Tuesday, you can be a friend and give them hope in several ways:
- Donate: A dedicated supporter and long-time friend of the animals has pledged to match donations, dollar for dollar, up to $5,000!
- Become a volunteer
- Be a Voice for the animals, Follow us on social media and share our posts.
You can double your impact. Consider paying it forward!
Thank you on their behalf,
Ann Rapisarda, Chairperson
Friends of the Burlington County Animal Shelter