Becoming a volunteer who is able to interact with the shelter animals is a three-step process.
Step 1: Fill Out a Volunteer Application
Once the information from your application has been entered into Volgistics, the system we use to manage volunteer classes and hours, you will be sent a welcome email. (If you do not receive a welcome email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam filter).
- Friends of BCAS Online Orientation (PDF)
- Friends of BCAS Volunteer Handbook (PDF)
- Fill out a Friends of BCAS volunteer application
Step 2: Attend an Orientation for New Volunteers Session
Before you can volunteer with the Friends of the Burlington County Animal Shelter, you must attend an orientation for new volunteers session. We offer orientation session at the Burlington County Animal Shelter, 35 Academy Drive, Westampton, NJ 08060.
Orientation dates are listed on the application. You can pick a date later by following the instructions in Step Three. At the orientation session, you’ll learn about many volunteer opportunities, including shelter duties, walking dogs, playing with cats, photography, grooming, fostering, and more. Bring $20 (exact change) for your volunteer t-shirt & ID badge.
*** Please note: If you do not attend orientation within 90 days, your application will be deleted ***
Step 3: Sign Up for Additional Training Classes
Depending on the type of volunteer work you would like to do, you will need to complete different levels of training. We ask all volunteers to help in different areas when help is needed.
To sign up for additional training classes:
- Log in to the Volunteer Information Center, known as Volgistics.
- Your log-in name is your email address
- Use the password you entered on your Friends of BCAS volunteer application or click “Forget your password?”
- Click the My Schedule tab to view the calendar.
- Click on the drop-down menu under Show Openings in:
- Select the class you want to sign up for from the drop-down list
- Click on a Help Wanted sign on the day you can attend a class.
- If there are no Help Wanted signs, it means all upcoming classes are full.
- Click on the green Schedule Me button to register for the class.
- If the Schedule Me button is missing, the class is either full or it is an advanced class that you do not meet the requirements to attend yet. The best time to look for an available class is within the first week of each month. You must sign up on the Volgistics calendar for all classes.
If you have questions about signing up for classes in Volgistics, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.