The Friends of the Burlington County Animal Shelter, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The all-volunteer group cooperates with the county animal shelter to care for shelter pets and place them into adoptive homes. We also work to reduce the number of homeless pets in our community by sponsoring low-cost spay-neuter surgeries. The group was founded in November 2010 and incorporated in February 2012.
Our mission is:
To save the lives of homeless animals and promote their adoption by working with the county shelter and community to reach our no-kill vision by 2025.
- Improve the quality of life for shelter animals by providing care, comfort and compassion to increase chance of adoption.
- Reduce the number of homeless animals within the community by sponsoring low cost spay/neuter surgeries.
- Advocate for legislation to protect homeless animals within the county.
- Build a community where people value animals and treat them with respect and kindness.
- Expand Trap-Neuter-Release program throughout the county.
We are extremely proud to be a Platinum level member of GuideStar, an organization that ranks non-profits on their financial transparency.
We're also very proud to have been named 2019 Best Charity by the readers of the Burlington County Times. This is our fourth time winning the award as best or one of the best charities!
We are also proud to be a Best Friends Network Partner. The Best Friends Network, made up of hundreds of shelters, rescue groups and other animal welfare organizations in all corners of the country, is committed to saving the lives of homeless pets through collaboration and implementation of effective adoption, spay/neuter and intake prevention programs. In partnership with Best Friends, we are leading the way by implementing proven methods and inspiring communities to end the killing of dogs and cats in America’s shelters. Together, we will Save Them All.
We are also a proud participant in Shelter Animals Count, a collaborative initiative formed by a diverse group of stakeholders to create and share a national database of sheltered animal statistics, providing facts, and enabling insights that will save lives.
Use the links at the left to learn more about the organization.
Non-profit Public Records
- IRS Determination Letter
- Articles of Incorporation
- Articles of Incorporation Change of Address
- Conflict of Interest
- 2018 900 form
- 2018 NJ CRI 300 form
- 2017 990 and NJ CRI 300R forms
- 2016 NJ CRI 300R form
- 2016 990EZ
- 2015 NJ CRI 300R form
- 2015 IRS form 990
- 2014 NJ CRI 300R form
- 2014 IRS form 990
- 2013 IRS form 990-N
- 2012 IRS form 990-N
Budgets by Year
Friends of BCAS address:
3111 Route 38 Suite 11 #238 Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054