Before you adopt a pet, there are a number of things that you need to consider, including where your pet will sleep and eat. You’ll also need to make sure you have food and water bowls, toys, food, treats, a collar and a leash if you’re adopting a dog. To help you get ready, we’ve put together the tip sheets below. We want to make sure you and your pet have many happy, healthy years together!
- FOBCAS Dog Adoption Recommendations (PDF)
- Introducing dogs into a home with existing dogs
- House/crate training dogs
- Know about specific dog breeds before adopting
- Information on insurance companies that don’t discriminate against specific dog breeds